Should be fun as it's dark in all the bedrooms (because Bircan took away most the light fittings) and I'll bet the guys don't speak any English! Welcome to Turkey!
Yesterday I was here for 9 hours waiting on the delivery of balcony furniture (tick), 2 air-con units mounted and working (half-tick) and wardrobes (fail). 50% success rate. Apparently that's really good. Welcome to Turkey!
Also a carry on with keys. We need 2 communal keys (gate and front entrance) and one private apartment key. All week we've just had the apartment key and have had to buzz the neighbours, none of whom speak English but one speaks lovely French. Just wish I could. Her mother is nice too. Jabbers away happily to me. Think we'll get on great. After complaining to Caglan, I finally got 2 sets of communal keys last night. I went back to Paul a happy bunny. What a success!
Then this morning Caglan had the locks changed!!!!! I appreciate why - no one else has our front door key now. Far safer and better security. But when I got down here at 12pm the key wouldn't work!!! So it was off for lunch and finally into the apartment at 3 pm - we have six front door keys now!!! Welcome to Turkey !
Lunch was great. Met a new friend - Sally - wife of another THY husband - we met Greg in the first week. Very lovely lady. Looking forward to seeing her again. Oh and yesterday, the lovely Tanja popped past with homemade cake and lemonade. So thoughtful. Welcome to Turkey.
The good news is - after about 16 hours in 2 days I now have all the curtains washed, dried and hung back up, all the floors cleaned, and the ironing done.
And the men have arrived. Not sure where the lights are that they said the would bring - they are working in the dark. I hope the mirrors get hung on the outside of the doors! Lovely men. We've just given mugs of English tea to 2 of them (they normally drink very small glasses of Turkish chay), but one had a beer. I hope the mirrors get hung on the outside of the doors!
Meanwhile Mr Y passed his Dangerous Goods test yesterday - I guess he's fit for me now - and has had a full day learning Ops Manual Part A. WTF that is I don't know but it seems to keep him busy.
All on a days work. Only took 2 days to achieve 90%. There's still the issue if one non-working aircon unit to address. Welcome to Turkey!
But despite the sarcasm, we love it here. We have really been welcomed to Turkey.
PS - on a positive note - we did get a chance to sit on our balcony tonight - listen to the hum of conversation around us - its so peaceful. Oh dear !! Wait til the Yarnolds move in ! Picture is of our pool in the darkness.



This blog brightens my day. Thank you Karen for taking the time to write it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Liz - I love writing it. No more for a week or so though - we lose the internet today (see today's post).
ReplyDelete