Its been a very quiet day today after the excitement of yesterday. (The landlord has agreed to the price btw, and the few conditions we requested - contract signing on Thursday - still keep those fingers crossed though, please !).
I spent an hour or so on FB this morning replying to a post I put in the Foreign Women of Istanbul FB page asking for friends in this area. (Yes - Ffion - I know its lame but it works ! )
I'm meeting a THY (Turkishair) pilot's wife for coffee hopefully on Friday or early next week, another THY wife mid next week, and a lovely Turkish lady who used to live in Oxford for an after work drink next Thursday - her work not mine obviously. Although I might consider pulling out my TEFL qualification and start teaching English at some point. But that will take a lot of effort to re-learn (or even re-do) the course I took nearly 4 years ago.
So - the networking has started - I'll be starting social circles in no time at all.
The one thing we did do today was go for a long walk. about 9km towards Istanbul centre - we would have got there if it wasn't for the fact that I put my Sketchers on instead of my trainers and now have blisters on my toes. Most of it was along the coast where we saw loads of people having fun diving off the rocks and messing about in the sea - its a huge past-time over here. The only thing I take slight issue with is - every single person was male ! Not a costume-clad woman in sight. I guess that represents the society I am living in - and I must respect that. (Not that I would be putting my post-50's body on show anyway !). So there you go - the first sign of this male-dominated environment we have moved in to.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes must have been a hardship seeing semi clad fit young men all afternoon😉😉
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely no such luck for Mr Y bikini clad babes definitely in short supply😳 lol