Monday, 10 August 2015

All OK - don't worry. Phase 3 starts.

Hi All - I am just watching the BBC World news form our hotel room in the Marriott. I moved here this morning. All unpacked and waiting for PTP to get back from work. Seems he has the afternoon off - so we can go and sort out our new phone contracts - hopefully - there are a few hoops to go through first.This hotel is streets ahead of the other one - there's even a gym. The excuses stop today !!

Anyway - many of you will have seen the news about 2 attacks in Istanbul. many of you will have seen the news about 2 attacks in Istanbul. Thankfully they are nowhere near us - the shooting was over the other side of the city and the explosion is in a town quite some distance on the east of Istanbul.

On to more mundane things. Yesterday we went to the Rahmi M Koc Museum - he is a philanthropist who has donated a load f his "stuff" to this fantastic museum so that the public can enjoy it. An believable collection of cars, trains, trams, boats, planes, model railways, dolls houses - and loads more. For those on FB you can see some of the many photos I took. Selection below. A definite must for our visitors who have more than a few days to spare when they visit.






Just seen Paul's schedule for the next few weeks. He is working on Monday and Tuesday (probably only the mornings) and then he has Wed - Fri off (for paperwork !!!). That's great as we can go furniture shopping in advance of getting our keys on Friday. I also want to go to the Yesilkoy Bazaar on Wednesday - its a weekly market - the biggest of its kind in the area - on our doorstep. I'm hoping its going to be a miniature version of the Grand Bazaar - will save me going into town ! I'd better go and check the bank accounts - we are spending cash like water at the moment. And Paul won't get paid until 8th Sept ! Oh the joys of setting up in a new home in a new country.

Doesn't help that I've just discovered that we left Paul's watch collection and some USD in the safe at the previous hotel. Thankfully they are safely with security. So another jaunt across town beckons soon :-(.

Then we will definitely be hitting the gym before the day is out. (Watch this space).

11 comments:

  1. Testing comments from Paul's account

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys it seems like it is all coming together but until you get into your own place and get into a routine will it seem like a normal life then you will feel more settled. Having said that you are having a great time exploring and it all looks interesting. Keep living the dream. Lots of love Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Yes - itching to get into the new place now - going to spend the weekend there to get some washing done, shopping in, even some home cooking. The hotel is a lovely alternative in the meantime :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Reading about all your adventures is becoming addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. More fun and games to be reported from yesterday :-)

      Delete
  4. Great to catch up with all that's going on- you are making rapid progress :-) not too long and you'll be in your own place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janet. Progress is rapid but you still have move forward 3 steps to fall back two !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yarnies! I received an email from Tiger Breweries asking if I have an explanation to why consumption is down substantially on the island since 2 weeks ago. Hmm... Missing both of u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fel. Sorry - I thought I had replied to this. Ha Ha ! Shares in Efes should escalate though :-). Missing you guys as well. I see you're back on your bike now that we have gone. Any correlation there ? :-)

      Delete