We are pretty excited just now. We are moving out of the hotel and into the apartment in the next hour. We'll have to sleep on a mattress on the floor for the next month, live with 2 plates, no cooking stuff (yet) and minimal furniture - but we don't care !
We won't have any internet for a while either as this involves Paul leaving his course by 4pm, getting to an internet place, and signing a contract before 5pm. There is absolutely no leeway given to office workers here to get any admin done - and wives have no rights to open up and sign for accounts so we might be stuffed for a few weeks !!! So, no blog until we are back online.
Other exciting news is that I am going back to Wales next week - for 3 nights. Ostensibly to pick up our winter clothes from the parents' attic (they have been up there for 4 years - imagine - I can wear boots, coats and thick tights again soon), but I'll also fit in a few coffees and lunches, and will bring back the first of the Le Cruset pots I've just bought on Amazon (great bargain - £40 off). Paul promised me when we left Singapore that I could start a collection - as long as he never sees me take a metal utensil anywhere near them. He mentions it so often it could lead to divorce if I don't comply !!! And at the prices they cost, the collection is going to take several years to build up.
Not much to say from yesterday. Oh - I went to my first Coffee Morning with the Ladies of Bakirkoy - made some more contacts. It was funny - out of the 10 people there I knew 3 of them - in fact I knew more people than anyone else !! Think I'm getting my feet under the table.
I spent the afternoon cleaning and filling the wardrobes while Sayfi did a load of odd-jobs. We now have lights in every room, most curtains up, and a TV in a box - courtesy of the lovely Caglan who went shopping for me and bought a TV and a mattress. What would we ever have done without that man ????? I've promised him a proper British Roast as soon as I get the tools to cook it with.
Oh - and look - we have a visitor - can't wait to see what happens with this one.
Signing off now - I'll be back in a few weeks.

Have a great time in Wales Karen.
ReplyDelete